Free digital download. PDF file is 32 pages. (4.8 MB)
Restaurant Safety Guidance & Allergy Management
Section A includes detailed information on how restaurant owners and staff can develop a food and latex allergy policy, how to accommodate food-allergic guests in and out of the kitchen, and strategies to ensure a safe and enjoyable dining experience.
- Smart Dining: Menu Minders / Putting Safety First
- What to Do In an Anaphylaxis Emergency
- Simple Strategies for Success
- Cross-Contact Concerns
- Communication with Guests
- When Gluten-Free Is Not a Choice
- Latex Allergy Hidden Dangers
Allergy & Anaphylaxis 101
Section B includes a basic overview of anaphylaxis and food and latex allergies and step-by-step instructions for treating a severe allergic reaction.
- What Is Anaphylaxis?
- Top 8 Food Allergens
- How to Use an Epinephrine Auto-Injector
- Latex Allergy’s Link to Food
- Food Allergy Symptoms: Mild vs. Serious
- Food Intolerance or Food Allergy?
- How to Read a Food Label